During pregnancy, it’s incredibly important to respect the changes happening within your body to give yourself the best chance to emerge from this journey with the least physical impact. To achieve this, fitness during this delicate time needs to be approached with care and strategy!
Currently, pregnant women are encouraged to accumulate 30 minutes or more of moderate-intensity exercise on most—if not all—days of the week in the absence of medical or obstetric complications.
Growing a baby exerts a lot of pressure behind your ab midline and on your pelvic floor. It also creates many biomechanical changes as the pregnancy progresses that should be considered at the time of practice physical exercise. The goal of this program is to build a strong functional core to promote strength and wellbeing, as well as lessen the likelihood of developing diastasis recti, pelvic floor dysfunction, and back pain.
Why should you exercise during pregnancy?
As long as mom is healthy and able to exercise during pregnancy, there are numerous benefits not only for mom but also for baby while in utero. Regular exercise throughout pregnancy can help mom adjust to changes in her body due to added weight and changes in hormones, including relief from muscle strain, improve posture and decrease back pain, as well as help battle fatigue commonly experienced in pregnancy. Exercise can also help regulate mood swings and prepare mom for labor and delivery.
On the other hand exercising during pregnancy is proven to also prepare you physically to face the challenges of being a new mother.
Also, it is important to understand that as a woman, we have a completely different body function and hormonal balance through our states of life. Learning how our hormonal system works and how to train ourselves correctly is necessary to become the best version of ourselves and enjoy each day healthy, physically, mentally, and loving our bodies.
In the case of babies, it is a fact that newborns whose mothers exercise during pregnancy may become physically coordinated a little earlier than others, this also has a good influence on their weight control, body composition, heart health, and nervous system; and not only during pregnancy but also during childhood.
Who should enroll?
This program is for pregnant women of all trimesters who are in excellent health and who seek the help of experts so that through exercise, they can connect with themselves and with their babies, providing them with all the benefits offered by exercising consciously.
NOTE: Although we do a physical evaluation before starting the course, it is important to have the approval of the doctor.
These are some of the benefits:
- Relieves common pregnancy problems like back pain, posture problems, and constipation
- Increase the amount of oxygen in your body and that of your baby
- It helps with labor effort and makes it easier to get back to your pre-pregnancy fitness faster and easier
- Strengthens the cardiovascular system, making you feel fitter
- It can help you prevent stretch marks, blood clots, and varicose veins
- Improves the quality of rest
- Increases the feeling of well-being and relieves mood swings and stress
- Reduces the risk of gestational diabetes
This 8-week face to face program includes:
- Initial assessment 50 minutes
- 24 Sessions / 50-minutes lead by a qualified trainer
- Booklet of the 8-week program
- Basic materials for the workouts
- Community meetings
- Facebook group support with educational materials
- Final check-up 15 minutes
Start and End Dates:
17th October – 12th December
Every: Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday